The founder of Mindset Rethink
Hello, my name is Neelam Kumari and I am a qualified and fully accredited CBT therapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). I have completed a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited post graduate diploma in psychology, and have a First Class degree in Criminology and Psychology.
I am employed as a CBT therapist and clinical supervisor in primary care, where I won the Patient Champion award for Recognising Success 2017. Prior to this, I worked in multiple clinical psychology settings doing assessments using psychometric tests and interviewing clients, as well as carrying out various researches to find ways to improve the service. In addition to this, I taught on the undergraduate psychology programme as a university and college lecturer.
I have previous and current experience in providing educative and therapeutic service on a one-to-one and group basis, within various settings. I have experience in offering clinical supervision to trainee CBT therapists undertaking the post graduate qualification, and fully qualified CBT therapists.
How can we help?
We offer psychological therapies called Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness, which are supported by many large-scale researches to be effective in treating mental health problems. The main focus in CBT is to help people change the way they think, feel and behave, and in Mindfulness the aim is to be more self-aware in the present moment.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) provides guidance and advice to improve health and social care in the UK. The NICE guidelines recommends CBT and Mindfulness as a treatment option and preventative practice for people experiencing mental health problems including:
We endeavour to base our treatment on the following principles:
- An ever-evolving formulation of the clients’ problems and individual conceptualization
- A positive therapeutic relationship
- Working collaboratively and encouraging active participation
- A goal oriented and problem focused therapy
- Emphasises on the present moment
- An educative experience aiming to teach clients to be their own therapists
- Structured and timey therapy sessions
- Teach clients to identify, evaluate, and respond to their dysfunctional thoughts and beliefs
- Use a variety of techniques to change thinking, mood, and behaviour